Friday, June 27, 2014

Kathy Campbell - Owner, Homemade Spa Essentials

1.  Tell us about yourself, connection to Ave and your business.

I attended Ave Maria College for four years and graduated in 2005. My friend Tammi Wachterhauser and I have started a business selling bath and body products on Etsy, as well as to local friends and acquaintances. 

2.  What spurred you to start your own business and what keeps you going?


When I was pregnant with my first child, I started researching herbs and natural living. I found some do it yourself bath recipes and began making different products for friends and family. People liked them so much they started suggesting I start my own business. Tammi was a business major in college and thoroughly enjoys the marketing and accounting aspect. We decided if we put our talents together we would have the possibility of a successful business.
What keeps us going is the excitement of creating something new and making people happy to receive a product with which they can pamper themselves without unnecessary harsh chemicals.

3.  What is your favorite part of your business? 

I have 2 favorite parts of having my own business, the first is creating the products and coming up with a great scent combination. The second truly is making people happy. I love when someone gets excited to use one of our made to order products.

4.  What are you most proud of achieving in your business?

Homemade Spa Essentials is a brand new business, so we're hoping to have plenty of achievements in the very near future. Right now, having the motivation to actually start up our business and not just talk about it is our biggest accomplishment.

5.  What is your work process?

We make orders as they are received so they are as fresh as possible when the person receives it. The product is then delivered, if local, or shipped the next business day.


Esty Store              Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be posted after moderation! Thank you!