Thursday, May 29, 2014

Nino Garofola - Financial Analyst, Garofola Financial LLC

1.  Tell us about yourself, connection to Ave and your business.

I'm Nino Garofola, and I was at Ave Maria College in 2003-2004. My business is called Garofola Financial and we consult small businesses with 5-30 employees on how to best leverage themselves for profits. Essentially we give businesses that are too small to have a Chief Financial Officer the access to the same expertise and sophistication but without the prohibitive cost. In addition to advising businesses on their financial situation we also do general business consulting on how to better grow your business for efficiency.

2.  What spurred you to start your own business and what keeps you going?

After Ave Maria I transferred to Franciscan University where I graduated with a business economics degree. During my studies in economics I discovered I have a passion for analyzing how businesses run. It was at this point I started formulating a business plan to start a consulting firm for small businesses. In 2010 the dream was finally realized and it has been one of the hardest and one of the best things I have ever done. The greatest part of my job is I get to change the world for the better a little bit every day. When we help businesses reach their clients more efficiently and consequently take home more money I know that I am playing an instrumental part in growing wealth and making everyone better off.

3.  What is your favorite part of your business? 

We rolled out a service called "Cost of Capital" in March 2014. This is something I worked extremely hard for months to perfect. It is a return rate that your business needs to make in order for a project to be "worth it". I also enjoy developing budgets and sales projections. This gives me a reason to play in Excel all day!

4.  What are you most proud of achieving in your business?

In 2013 every client who was with us for 12 months or longer experienced growth of anywhere from 20% to over 100% in sales. In addition, none of these clients had less than a 20% growth rate in "take home" income.

5.  What is your work process?

When a prospect contacts me I meet with them and ask them about their business what the biggest challenges are that they face. If the needs are something that Garofola Financial can address I show them our "Profiability Process". It is a proven process where we make sure the most basic needs are met first before we can address the bigger concerns. By this process I can show them when and how we can expect to address their most pressing needs.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be posted after moderation! Thank you!