Thursday, May 8, 2014

Dagny Syversen - Blogger, Whisked Away



1.  Tell us about yourself, connection to Ave and your business/blog/venture.
My name is Dagny Syversen and I like to blog about my baking/cooking/eating adventures. http://whiskedaway2.blogspot.com/ 


I am a lifelong baker and sugar addict. As the second oldest of seven children I am often found in the kitchen making cookies for my crew. After receiving a BA in Literature and then going on to work in Education for a few years I realized my true calling was in the kitchen. I received my Baking and Pastry Certificate and went on to work at a Cookie Bakery in Houston. My approach to food is to use natural ingredients, make everything from scratch, and bring as much creativity to the plate as possible!!  I then realized that my true calling was to have a job that actually paid the bills and let me have free weekends and nights - so I left the baking business and now work as the Marketing/Events Coordinator at an oil and gas company in Houston.  In my non existent free time I bake and blog!


2.  What spurred you to start your own business/blog/venture and what keeps you going?
I always loved trying new recipes and decided to get organized about it.  I also tend to loose my recipes, and my blog helps me keep track of my favorite recipes and also makes it easy to share them with my friends.

3.  What is your favorite part of your business/blog/venture? 
The favorite part about my blog is when I hear someone I haven't even met tell me they love my recipes...or when I hear friends and family recommend my blog as a recipe source - makes me happy : )

4.  What are you most proud of achieving in your business/blog/venture? 
I am most proud of the fact that I haven't quit on my blog - started it in 2009 and am still posting!  I go through phases where I post a lot, or I don't post at all...but I haven't given up yet, and I always have a pile of recipes I need to post on my blog.

5.  What is your work process? 
Currently I am not selling my cookies, but hope to again in the future.  My posting process is this:  Try a recipe.  If I like it - I try to research the history of some of the ingredients, take pictures, and tell a funny story to go with my recipe.  I only post recipes I have tried and liked!  If I don't like how something turned out I won't post it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be posted after moderation! Thank you!